The project location is not trusted

I met with such an error when I tried to open a project "The project location is not trusted"

Just googled for the resolution and found a really useful blog by Chris Craft.

here are the abstracts from  the same:

"This dialog box appears if you attempt to open or create a client project on a Universal Naming Convention (UNC) path. By default, a UNC path is not a trusted location for a project. Your project might not run correctly when you attempt to debug or run from this location.
 That is definitely the dialog box I was getting. Now I was concerned. One thing I am sure of, is that if my computer thinks my C:\ driver is an untrusted UNC path, I was going to be in a world of hurt, if I didn't find and fix the fundamental issue.
This information also concerned me because I was using a Virtual PC to try and open this project with. And I started to wondering if this was somehow playing a part in the issue."


Click here to read the original article
OR
Copy paste the below URL to you browser address bar
http://www.cjcraft.com/blog/2007/09/02/ TheProjectLocationIsNotTrusted.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment