A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified) (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: -1)

I have recently installed Microsoft SQL Server 2008 in my PC having Windows 7 Ultimate x86 as Operating system.

When I tried to connect my SQL server from remote computer, it gave me the below error message:

 A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified) (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: -1)
After spending a whole day for proper solution, I couldn't find any.

Finally as an alternative I got a silly solution. Just Disable OR Turned Off Windows Firewall and in my surprise, I was able to connect.

I am not satisfied with this alternative and still searching for the formal solution. Once I have it, I will post it here for all.


If you find the above link useful, let us know your feedback, it will help us to improve our posting(s). or You can send your feedback linkOblast.
Report Broken Link

No comments:

Post a Comment