"You require permission from administrator to delete file" in Windows 7


I have done fresh installation of Windows 7 in my C drive.
After successfull installation, I tried to delete one of the file from D drive and it gave me error
with the below error message.



After some Google, I found the solution.


Here are the steps:
  • Open command prompt with Admin rights.
  • Type the following command
    takeown /f YourFileName
  • Then grant Admin rights to yourself by this command
    cacls YourFileName /G YourLoginName:F
    When asked press "Y"
Thats it, You are done.

Now you will be able to delete unwanted files.



Is the above link useful to you? Let us know your feedback, it will help us to improve our posting(s). or You can send your feedback linkOblast.

No comments:

Post a Comment